View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #4065 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Morning everyone. Let the weekend festivities begin.
I think I am going to try and get a few decent pictures of the Z and the fall colors. Should be prime time for colors this weekend.
Suppose to drop off into the 30's Saturday night Almost time for the Z to sleep and dream of twisty country roads.
Similar here... it's 40 degrees right now, only getting up to 64 today, then down to 31 over night, and only 55 on Saturday.

But Monday it will be back up to 75.

I still haven't decided if I should waste my money on changing my oil or not.

The car has 2000 miles, and is going to sit for the next 5 - 6 months, so basically I'd be putting new oil in, storing the car, then getting it out, and changing the oil again anyway. That's what I used to do.

But now all these cars coming out say to change the oil every 5,000 - 10,000 miles (I know, too long for the Z) but they ALSO say if you haven't hit the mileage in ONE YEAR, change the oil.

Hell my old S2000 said that, back in 2007 - if the oil change interval hadn't been hit due to non use, change it in a year.

I'm thinking, just wait and do it in the spring? It's not like I drive the car for 5 minutes at a time; every time I get it out, I get the oil up to 220+ and it's running for an hour or more.