View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #51 (permalink)
initialgemini
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 FX 35
initialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
This is a neat engineering exercise but it's a foregone conclusion that you can make just about any reasonably focused car faster than a more expensive, even more focused car by throwing money at it. It's just a question of whether it's remotely worth the time and effort.
Yes you are correct. Spending the cost of the car to modify it so it can compete with a gt3 is probably beyond most people's budget. Worth the time and effort? Well apparently for this shop it is.

If we're looking at a race application as in this issue, a gt3 costs significantly more in regards to parts and maintenance. The newer Porsche cars aren't as simple to work on as a Nissan. If this 370 has every intention to be tracked and competed, you have platform with cheaper parts. Cheaper parts makes the 370z a more flexible platform to modify than a gt3.

But hands down, if I had 112K that I intended on spending on car, I would pick up a gt3 over a heavily modded 370z in heart beat.
initialgemini is offline   Reply With Quote