View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #44 (permalink)
Joe@ZSpeed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nissan
Joe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond repute

The clutch was not broke in yet, Not even close.
If you look at the full disk side you can see the dark spots are, This is where the disk was touching the mating surfaces, The lighter areas are where the disk would be touching after it is broke in fully. You are relying on those small areas to hold the disk to the backing.

A facing coming off like that, esp on a steel backed disk where they are riveted and adhered to the steel backing can only happen if not broken in fully, Overheated and over stressed during break in. This is not all that common but can happen with any clutch if not broken in before hard driving conditions.

Since this was just installed, Then tracked shortly after it's a combination of things that can cause disk failure on a "street kit"

We can send it in to South Bend for repair, I'm sure they will take care of it regardless of it not being broke in correctly before raced on.

I would also recommend sending me the CSC so I can take a look at it, When a facing comes off like that the fingers on the pressure plate can be uneven and cause damage internally in the slave.
Joe@ZSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote