View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
pbs370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z, Sport Pkg
pbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ZSpeed View Post
Not sure how you could have welded the clutch, A clutch just doesn't weld to the flywheel for no reason.

A clutch welding to a flywheel, esp a organic clutch is nearly impossible, It had to have been uber hot to do this and is only caused be driver error or mis-adjusment of the master cylinder which could cause excessive slipping esp in a racing enviroment.

Like I said in our phone conversation, Send me some pics of it and we can go from there.

Much like your post blaming our slave for failing before you even knew what was going on it seems you are possibly jumping the gun here on the real issue, If the trans has not even been removed how do we know exactly what has happened?

I will be more than happy to help in any way possible but I need info to help.
I'm going by what the shop told me. Will let you and all others know for sure when the tranny is pulled. I believe I would have noticed if the clutch was slipping. Also, the pedal had some free play - not at the top.

I did wrongly assume the CSC failed, and I did retract that error. I apologize to anyone I misled.