View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
nismo2evox
Base Member

Drives: Evo X
nismo2evox will become famous soon enough

Automatics are almost always going to be faster in newer cars. Even without dual clutches, transmissions and the programming has come so far.

Bottom line - it is very difficult to shift quicker manually than what an automatic can do. Back in the day automatic transmissions had rev hang, were slow to respond and did not have the same programming they do today. Manuals used to allow the user to optimize shift points better but now the computer does that for you. It's also why automatics generally get better mpg's than manuals today too.

With that said...unless you're looking for 10ths of a second on a track I would go with your personal preference. I like having a third peddle because it gives me something to do and it makes the whole driving experience more analog for me.

Frankly, I think the 370z is more about the driving experience than statistics. Yes, it's painful to admit but the manual is going the way of the dinosaur from a competitive standpoint. I think the "fun factor" is a whole other argument.

Last edited by nismo2evox; 09-08-2015 at 10:35 AM.
nismo2evox is offline   Reply With Quote