View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadChachi View Post
Is it possible to run forged rods and pistons on stock crankshaft?
Yes. Personally, I'd go ahead and upgrade the crank but there is no problem with mixing-and-matching. Just remember that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Quote:
Reason I ask is I need to rebuild or grab a new transmission. Someone told me that having a new trans would be harsh with a used motor. How accurate is that? I guess what I am trying to say is, is it best to upgrade to forged internals upon installing the new or rebuilt trans?
Whoever this "someone" is, they don't know what they are talking about. The trans doesn't know how old the engine is - and wouldn't care if it did. All the trans cares about is how much power is being applied to the input shaft.

Quote:
My thought process is that if I replace my internals it will help correspond with the new trans....if that even makes sense?? Or can I just install a new trans and not have to worry about the motor? ...
The engine and trans don't need to "correspond." As long as the trans bolts up properly and can handle the engine's power, you are good to go.