View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I am still on original axles.

Things that break axles:

single unsprung puck style clutches
launching without taking up the backlash in the drivetrain (preloading)
wheel hop

The 3.3 final drive will definitely help. To not have to shift into 5th or hitting the rev limiter in 4th before getting a chance is a big deal. the final drive will be one my next changes before going back to the track.

replace all the suspension bushings in the rear with delrin, urethane, and/or spherical bearings where possible. This is my next change. I just did it in my Mustang (yes the new ones are IRS) and it made a world of difference. Keeping those tires pointing as straight as possible helps a lot.

Dont lower the car too much, it screws up the control arm angles and it will camber too hard when it squats.

Align the car to as close to 0 camber as you can bear to look at.

Replace suspension cradle and differential bushings with solid/urethane type to both reduce rear steering and reduce wheelhop

Last edited by phunk; 08-27-2015 at 06:24 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote