View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Gspinin
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport M6
Gspinin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BlueMax View Post
I am still working with good but older equipment, the Alpine 7977 is dated but a expensive unit in its day, I added a Pioneer digital sound processor to fill in the space and it helps curve the music. The two amps are pre 2000 Kickers [before they started producing them in China]. The 12 inch sub is a Kicker comp. and I am running Boston Pro’s 61/4’s with bigeye tweeters at ear level {base of the A-piller}. The tweeter mount was critical, I tried the factory dash mounts and didn’t get enough reflection off the glass. If I didn’t have the existing equipment I would of put two 8 inch subs closer to the brace bar and used Focal separates instead of Boston even though I have always liked the bright sound of the Pro’s.

Right on! Regarding the tweeters: my POLK MMs provided plenty of sound reflected at the factory dash mounts so no complaints there. The components though do not provide enough bass.

Tweeters: Even though the tweeters at the factory dash mounts sound great, I added two additional tweeters (POLK DB) positioned at the center of the rear strut tower brace- it gives a nice balance in sound. (see pic)

As for sub, for now I am sticking with my Kenwood typhoon 10" sub. I will replace to a 12" shallow mount JL later.

I am receiving my MB Qart 1500.1 mono amp (West coast customs Edition) and Kicker 40CS654 bass drivers tomorrow. Then the wiring begins! Hope to have sound by the end of Wednesday.

Ps. If you (or anyone) want great prices and reliable customer service in audio and video parts, hit up Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150805_151337 (1).jpg (602.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg wcc15001_p3d412.jpg (87.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 40cs654.jpg (119.1 KB, 19 views)
Gspinin is offline   Reply With Quote