Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #339 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I can make sandwich plates but for anything thermostat it would be difficult as I dont really have any great ideas for where to source or how to build the little thermostat like Mocal uses in some of theirs.

I dont know the flow rate of the oil pump, but there is no doubt Accusump wont put out the same amount of oil as your oil pump, especially at higher RPM.

Although, I have used an accusump to charge/prime my built engines before ever firing them up and they pressurize the engine for several seconds. Its been years so I am totally pulling a number out of my *** but I want to say 10-15 seconds of pressure. So it might not match the pressure/flow of the mechanical pump, but any oil pressure at all is a whole lot better than none.

You wouldnt want to depend on accusump constantly handling the burden of lubricating your engine, but as a safety margin I would think it could be a very good idea especially if you could rig up some sort of way to know when it is discharging so that you know there is an issue that needs addressing.