View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
tonyHTX
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Race, Repair, Repeat
tonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond repute

In the past few weeks my Southbend Stage 3 Endurance clutch had started slipping in the higher gears. I called Southbend and I was told that the clutch should hold around 480 torque... At the flywheel! I'm at 525 wheel torque so it slipping is kind of to be expected, it did hold pretty well the last 4+ months though. On top of that my transmission, which has 94k miles, has started grinding in 5th gear and 6th gear. This isn't a total surprise considering how much power the car puts out now, but it wasn't an issue that I was anticipating to happen. I called a local salvage yard to get a used transmission and they delivered it within a few hours!

But, that means my car will be going back to the shop very soon. Luckily, I have obtained most of the parts for my next phase:

Special thanks to phunk for the first ever CJM Stage 3 Fuel Return System for HR motors, as well as the picture!

Since this is happening sooner than I was planning there are two things that I wanted to get but I just can't afford them when the transmission is thrown into the mix. I guess those will have to wait until next year or so, hopefully this is enough to tide me over until then!

Last edited by tonyHTX; 08-05-2015 at 05:31 PM.
tonyHTX is offline   Reply With Quote