Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #283 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENT-Z View Post
I have the JWT spacer currently and have no ground clearance issues. So if the new spacer would lead to same clearance I'm all in for a little extra capacity. Would you have to make a different spacer for the oil pump pickup as well?
Yes we could make a spacer that leads to that clearance if that is what you guys want. I will say if we can get at least 8 people in, I will figure out how to have them made.

I wouldnt personally recommend running the pan any lower than it is, but the decision is yours! Consider that if an aluminum pan is struck, it will not bend like a steel pan, it will just break wide open. I feel it is safer to keep the pan above the crossmember, hence its native design.

As for a pickup spacer, yes and no. Adding displacement vertically never requires additional pickup spacing because the oil level is set from the top of the engine by the dipstick. However, if you have room to go down, generally you do to take advantage of further reduction in oil starvation.