View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
The Zed is a great car but one with a perceived weakness and a lot of attention has been brought to it. Engine oli overheating issues. Again this Japanese guy proved it. I just wonder how a 370z could handle Melbourne 45 degree celcius temperature in heavy traffic where you don't get out of 2nd gear for at leaSt 45 mins, with the air conditioning on. Will it overheat and be an embarassment on the side of the road. Here, this is a $70,000 car. NISSAN STOP BULLSHITTING AND MAKE A GOOD QUALITY OIL COOLER STANDARD, I KNOW I WILL NOT BITCH IF THE CAR HERE IN AUSTRALIA IS WORTH AN $1,000 BECAUSE OF IT. I'D STILL BUY IT.
Therevare many days here where the temp gets to over 40 degrees, some people drive with the air con on (i don't, too mechanically sympathetic, and maybe stupid) and push the car. In this situation will the car handle it or will it go into limp mode. Eliminate this flaw/perceived flaw and this will be an untouchable from critism car.
Quick conversion (I do F here in the states), but 45°C (113°F) is 100% safe on street roads, in traffic, with the AC on. I live in Texas, a few members here live in Arizona (even hotter many days than Texas), and zero limp mode problems on the street.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote