View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
G37Some
Base Member

Drives: 2008 G37s
G37Some is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
I have no doubt that this kit can make some serious power with this configuration. The blower is now the "weak" point (if one can say that) where as before, it was the strongest part of the entire kit.

The only potential issue is belt slip if guys try to push for high boost.

I would also encourage those who go with this upgrade to get a good flowing exhaust. A set of long tube headers will also go a long way. With these modifications the manifold boost pressure would drop, but your volume of air going in to the engine would increase...which is what you really want.
I really hope this is the case. i've never liked the kit because many members in the past who had opened up the downpipes/exhaust seemed to get worse power as a result... honestly i thought the blower was probably just a POS and wasn't strong enough to make power without a clogged up exhaust with a lot of back pressure to hold more boost.

i would really enjoy seeing this succeed. i'm sure it would be somewhat 'cheap' to offer an upgrade like this too once this is complete... plumbing, intercooler, wiring for the MAFs? and most importantly labor/know-how... $2,000-2,500 ???

Last edited by G37Some; 07-23-2015 at 06:57 PM.
G37Some is offline   Reply With Quote