Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #247 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I really need to be cautious of the pans height.
The pan has some pretty decent ground clearance... I dont know if the pan itself would be much a concern once you see it... but the drain plug from Nissan is a bit more knobby than necessary, reducing ground clearance by about 1/2".

I could have a low profile drain plug made which could probably gain at least 1/8" ground clearance, probably closer to 1/4", for anyone interested? I would have to get a quote on it from the turning shop but I would figure on it being less than $50.

If the concern is very great, I would put a safety wire hole in the drain plug, and install it from the inside and wire it in place, and put a drain on the side of the pan... there are 2 really thick spots to drill and tap where the optional oil return ports would go.