View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #2238 (permalink)
eastwest2300
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '16QX70/'21 Supra3.0
eastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Man, I need to be a little more careless with my kitchen knife use. I'm paying out the nose for a $0 deductible and $1500 max out of pocket this year. A nice trip to the ER is just what I need to feel justified paying for that kind of plan

My last ER trip:
( Click to show/hide )
About 15 years ago, I fell on some glass and sliced open the back of my left hand (lots of nerve, muscle, tendon, and ligament damage). I drove myself to the hospital with the help of a friend who had to shift gears for me from the passenger seat because he couldn't drive a manual Anyway, the ER nurse had me wash my hand in a sink and just walked out of the room for about 30 minutes. Well I washed it thoroughly and realized that I could hold my palm out flat and mostly stop the bleeding but if I tried to bend my ring finger (which would not bend because all the damage) I could create this squirt of blood that shot well outside the rim of the sink. I spent the next few minutes practicing my aim, making a terrible mess, and grossing out my friend. When the nurse returned, she saw the mess and asked with concern if I was ok. I said yup in a cheerful manner and her concern quickly morphed into a dirty look