View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wiggins3377
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370
Wiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Custom 370z Overfenders

As some of you may know I've been toying with the idea of commissioning a local fabricator to create and reproduce a set of custom 8 piece overfenders for an Amuse 370z. I know there are several kits for the 370z available today, however in my opinion these kits have lacked certain design aspects that would really set them off from their competitors. Now I know this style doesn't satisfy everyone's tastes, but for me personally it a cost effective way to adding some width to the front and rear of the car while adding styling that is very popular with todays tuner culture. From the beginning my goal has been to keep the lines and curves of the overfenders as true to the OEM look as possible, while allowing the user to run aggressive fitting wheels and tires (no stretched tires) at unaggressive camber specs.

Well Im happy to say that I started the design element of this project last weekend and will be delivering the car to the local fabricator next weekend with a target completion date of 9/1. The good news, if you are interested in the kit it will be available for reproduction, so please send me a PM or text me at 5135202332 and I will give you all the details you need to know. I will obviously update this thread with progress pics, timing etc. I've included a few pics from my own design stage below. This was really just to get a feel of the lines of the overfenders, which my intent was to follow the lines of the existing curves in the fenders. Obviously depth etc, will be done by the fabricator.

The overfenders will be built around the following wheel/ tire specs: 19x10-10 with a 275/30/19 tire, 19x12-40 with a 315/25/19 tire. Since I'm bagged they will be fabricated to fit a flush fitment while aired out which will result in aggressively negative camber, however at drive height camber will be set to near stock specs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (181.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (197.3 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (726.2 KB, 148 views)