View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zbrah
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z
Zbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond reputeZbrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZNx View Post
Hello Guys,

I've had my car for about little over 5 years. My front bumper has some chips from freeways and I am planning on getting an aftermarket front/rear bumpers.

I am pretty new to installing aftermarket body parts and I just wanted to get some feel for it for pricing. I asked one of the vendor how much would installation of each bumpers would cost and they replied and told me that the installation would cost around $200-$300 and painting would cost $350-$400 per bumper... Now correct me if I am wrong but these numbers sounds bit high for me... Can someone verify this for me?

Please correct me if i am wrong... I just think paint job for each bumper is $350-$400 bit hard to believe... Even the installation sounds bit expensive...
It all boils down to how much prep work the shop has to do prior to painting. Some time the bumper is in such bad condition that they have put in a lot of work to fix it, meaning filling in with bondo and sanding it down before it goes into the paint booth. I've been quoted 500-600 for prep and paint of a bumper. Some shop may charge extra for installing the pieces too, but I am considering installing another oem bumper so not much prep work is needed.