View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post
"Coolers" increase thermal load capacity in heavy-load condition such as track duty. Adding a transmission cooler for a car, nearly any recently-produced car, in a light duty condition even in a stop-and-go city traffic will not add "fuel efficiency". Same to be said with engine oil cooler. I also doubt that an open-element air cleaner would add "fuel efficiency"; several engine parameters need to be monitored and logged to determine a gain or loss.

I'd say save the money you're about to spend for mods and use it to pay for the fuel. If you insist on saving a few bucks, enroll in a few of the many fuel-reward programs out there. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspicious_one View Post
yeah, take out the carpet, dash, spare, scissor jack, all the plastic panels, replace the glass with plexi... you wil save a bunch of gas.
why stop there?? take out the sub, radio, speakers, passenger seat, power options, AC system, replace 19" with 18" wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillainy View Post
Yeah I can agree, but its a fair question

I still want performance and power dont get me wrong, I whip this baby around!

but since this is my daily car, during the work week, it wont hurt that the money im putting in is at least making the gas cost better you know lol
if you figure this out, let me know how it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillainy View Post
Honestly,

I am not entirely concerned about MPG, I bought my 2015 Black on Black 370z cuz its a bad car !!

Thing is, my buddy is trying to get me to install upgrades like cold air intakes as well as a new exhaust system.. Quite unnecessary, but why not? LOL

I like to value my spending, so I figure if I get em, might as well have some return. Its not like I will be taking my baby to the track frequently nor will I be street drag racing anyone. The car handles like a beauty and I go to work in style..!

(Car can be a little quieter. Found a DYI thread on decreasing cabin noise - might be the first realistic 'upgrade')
is this your car or your buddy's car? why are you letting others dictate on modding your car?

also, decreasing cabin noise would defeat the purpose of making your car lighter and would make your car heavier, thus you wouldn't be able to save on gas.