View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
speedfreek
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 370Z PW 6sp
speedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
Not a coincidence. Windshields crack for different reasons, but not from jacking up the car at the factory jack points.

Unless you install a brand new glass properly and recreate the crack by jacking up the car at the jack points, it is just pure speculation.
My statement still stands. I didn't say any one wasn't jacking the car up from any other location but the factory jack points. To prevent this from happening in the future only jack the vehicle up on a flat surface is all I am stating. It is common knowledge and I am sure in the owner's manual. However I was led to believe from a friend that a tiny indifference from the garage to driveway wouldn't hurt anything. Maybe I need to reevaluate the whole friends aspect....