View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
sandersd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
sandersd will become famous soon enoughsandersd will become famous soon enough

Slotted the second hole, bent and mounted the pin:

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Here's the lip on the latch that has to be removed:

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

And the transition on the underside of the latch:

IMG_1195.jpg

The next step is to remove the hood and predrill the holes to secure the seal that installs at the front of the hood. It attaches with a combination of push pins and adhesive. The hood doesn't come with the holes and I can't install it until after the hood is painted.

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

I also purchased a new set of wiper washers and clips (also need to be predrilled) along with a pair of hood supports from Z1:

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

After it comes back from paint and I install the seal I'll need to adjust the latches (OEM and Aerocatch) for a snug fit. The OEM push pins for the latched will not fit on the cf hood because they are designed for thin sheet metal. The cf is thicker and will not allow the prongs to spread. I picked up an aftermarket set from Doorman at Pep Boys that are longer and fit perfectly:

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

These will also work although they are a different style with a threaded pin:

IMG_1202.jpg

I'll wait till next weekend to finish the pre drilling. It's 100 degrees and 99% humidity (at least that's how it feels) and I want to have at least half a day to relax. Can't wait to get it painted!

Last edited by sandersd; 06-21-2015 at 11:27 AM.
sandersd is offline   Reply With Quote