Thread: Word of Caution
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #43 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21_23 View Post
no i dont drive it as if i was 90 but i also don't do stupid stuff like taking corners far to fast or try and drift around corners either. cars are meant to be enjoyed no doubt, but to act like an idiot and not only your self in danger but others as well is plain moronic.

anyways to the op I'm glad that your stepping up and realizing that this was an operator error and knowing what you did wrong can only better help you in your future driving experiences
OK, so, how do you know what the limits of a car are, without having crossed them?

It's the same thing with a bike, over and over in the safety course (if you take it), you are told not to ride beyond your ability.

Yet, if you don't know you or your vehicle's ability, well, you sometimes get lucky and nothing gets hurt, or something does get hurt...

In my case (with my bike), I ended up riding 80 miles home with a broken wrist (3-pieces), and my wife had a very bruised knee...and my bike, $5600 in damage...bike cost $9500 new!

My fault in that incident - I was riding with a group of people and wasn't comfortable with where I was in the group (in the middle of the pack), and was on an unfamiliar route...misjudged a turn and was on the outside edge, felt like I couldn't get more into the corner due to others around me, so off I went.

With my Z, sure I do stupid crap. Stupid can be fun...really fun. However, I try not to do it where I or my vehicle or other vehicles will get hurt. I've come close enough to know "OK I won't do that again" - in the above example, the OP didn't get that second chance.

I'm sure the OP doesn't think of himself as speed-racer or soemone off of Fast and Furious. He may have used "track terms" but by using them, it was descriptive enough to where I, someone who hasn't gone to a track, would know just about what he's referring to. I have the same problem - too heavy of a foot coming out of corners.

Is that wrong to say it that way or should he have said, I lost control and crashed....then everyone would be asking how...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote