View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #92 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe it runs that great without any bolts in the intake manifold at all. Any other car would have the RPMs go way up from no vacuum. That means its idling entirely off VVEL, where I thought it switched to the throttle bodies for idle. Now I am starting to wonder what the hell the throttle bodies are even for on this car.

As for the idle hunting, I was expecting worse than that. I honestly dont know if I would even be chasing after that... looks like 25rpm of movement, thats like nothing.

The light you see under the manifold... hard to say without knowing how flat the table even if. But the bolts will pull it down and conform for a decent amount of warp, if the manifold even is warped.

I am not sure why the bolt broke on you... but otherwise im starting to think things are looking pretty normal in here. I would just put the manifold bolts back in and enjoy the car. Maybe put it on the dyno to make sure all its power is still there and the motor is healthy.

Last edited by phunk; 06-20-2015 at 06:50 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote