View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
sandersd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
sandersd will become famous soon enoughsandersd will become famous soon enough
Default Now for the tough part

Now that the latches are finished it's time to adjust the pin height. Here's where the problem begins. Because of the curve of the hood the latches are at an angle relative to the pins. Compounding this is the arc the hood moves in as it is lowered into place. What this adds up to is although the pins are located correctly to fit the latches in the closed position, they hit the underside of the latch and prevent the hood from closing. The angle of the pins to the latches is all wrong. Bummer.

I found online three sets of install instructions; one from Aerocatch which was minimal to say the least, one from Seibon which was very thorough, and one from Password JDM which was also very thorough. None of the examples use a hood as curved as the Z's.

Aerocatch states the pins must meet the latch within 5 degrees of perpendicular. I'm considering several options to achieve this. One is to angle the pin with a beveled washer. The second is to bend the end of the pin to clear the latch. The third is to come up with something I haven't thought of yet.

So that's where I'm at now. Suggestions from those with hood latches installed are welcome. BlackZeda has been a big help!

Last edited by sandersd; 06-20-2015 at 12:13 PM.
sandersd is offline   Reply With Quote