Thread: Word of Caution
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

actually even with vdc off, i can only get the back loose if i really tried hard to do it. why does everyone act as if the z is such a hard car to drive and is so dangerous? with the appropriate tires installed, even with vdc off, the z is such a safe and easy car to drive! its high levels of mechanical grip, powerful brakes, zero lift aerodynamic package, stiff sport suspension, solid steering feel, low ride, and the road feedback transmitted to the driver all combine to make the z much safer to drive than big SUVs and family sedans that handle like the titanic. even in adverse weather conditions like rain or snow.

i've only lost grip and spun out twice in the wet in the last 5 months, and that was in empty intersections when i deliberately tried to drift the turn but overdid the throttle.

almost all cases of 370z losing traction and crashing are the result of idiot drivers making stupid mistakes, something which can cause any car to crash. the op admitted he was trying to pull off a michael schumacher in the rain when he self-admittedly ran out of talent and crashed. the other guy with the crashed nismo said his mom spun out after she "popped the clutch", something which any amateur knows should never be done without rev-matching the engine and transmission first.
Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote