View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #833 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceThe1 View Post
Balance and wobble are 2 different things. It depends on the wheel quality obviously but it should be very near perfectly balanced from the factory. If it's not, well there's a quality issue there...that can be corrected later yes.

They should however be completely wobble free as they are finished on a lathe which makes them perfectly round...once welded they cannot put them on a lathe again because they'd be taking away from the aluminum and would make the 18" wheel less than 18" and as I'm sure you can understand, that wouldn't be good.

So, when matched properly which is very difficult...it can be close, but not completely wobble free as from factory. Again, it would work if done right, it just depends if you wanna go that route or not at the end I guess.
Hate to say it. BUT you have no concept on how some things are done. The company I used to work for. Did this stuff all the time on small and large equipment like steam turbines and gas turbines, and rotating equipment. Anywhere from and couple of lbs to 200,000+ lbs. Working with tolerances of ".0002, and balancing within a few in/oz. Doing wheels is child's play.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote