View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
azn1515
Base Member

Drives: Lexus IS-F
azn1515 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee370 View Post
Jeeesuz... the armchair detectives sure come out of the woodwork on these types of threads. Regardless of what happened or how it happend, it happened and we have a fellow Z brother sharing the story here. I don't see how "lying" about it serves any purpose to the OP as I doubt any one of us will be called to make any statements to the insurance company handling the accident any time soon. Save your unwarranted judgements.

Also, this talk of not driving your car "enthusiastically" because it's been involved in an accident is crap. It's a Z and not just any Z but a Nismo. There's a reason he chose this car over a Prius. He probably wants to take part in a spirited drive from time to time or even track the car at some point. I have seen plenty of "salvage title" cars running at the track much less normal daily driving and doing quite well. And I'm not talking cars with extensive aftermarket suspension work done. In fact there was a salvage titled Evo IX that was running much better times than I was just on my last track day out. And he was pretty much stock.

The OP's point in sharing this with fellow enthusiasts is not to open himself up to riducule and judgement but to find encouragement with like minded people. Think about how you would feel if this was your Z. With the amount of OCD floating around this place, I'm sure you would feel real discouraged. Now if he was street racing or driving in a manner that exposed an uneccissary risk and had the lack of brain power to actually post something like that up, then go ahead and tear him apart. That's not the case here. Accidents happen.

We come from all walks of life but we share one thing in common. Let's act like it.
I second this!! Stop being critical and judgmental..
azn1515 is offline   Reply With Quote