View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 05:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. I'd say just from the available empirical data at the links, its a mixed bag of findings. The 24 hr experimental change, for example, is hard to interpret because there are likely well established norms for driving the roads selected for the study that held greater sway than any unexpected changes in postings.

I do agree that much of enforcement is aimed at revenue generation and that frequently speed limits are set somewhat arbitrarily.

I've often thought there should be floating limits that vary according to time of day, traffic flow etc, all of which can be easily tracked now. If a road has five cars on it, bump up the limit 10 - 15 mph.

We actually already do this for "school zones" during school hrs, so why not for all major thoroughfares?