View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 08:58 PM   #59 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
As far a dry sumps go, what about removing the battery to the back, and fitting a custom tank where the battery goes? Someone on here roughly said you could get a 8 quart tank in that space, maybe a 10. So 8,500 rpm is that cap for a stock block VHR block before things start breaking? **** I give you shot of helping me build a badass NA Z. Whenever I get to the point of installing a jun cam I was going to contact you to see if there is anyway I could get you out to Florida to install the cam.
the height of the tank is important. the flower pot tanks only work on drag cars, the taller the tank the harder it is for oil to slosh away from the hose in the bottom of the tank. also you need a tank TWICE the size of the volume of oil you are going to run. so an 8 quart tank is only good for a 4 quart system. On a dry sump you check the oil level with the car running and hot to make sure the oil is at its max level in the tank and it should be halfway up a tall tank. if the oil level gets higher then that you will not have enough room to separate the air from the oil as it makes its way down and you will have problems with oil coming out the breather line on the tank. unlike the corvette our cars do not have a 20+ inch deep hole under the battery, its just a wheel.

As for the jun cams do it just don't get the stage ones they are better for FI cars.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote