View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
jrb55gh
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z black 7AT
jrb55gh is on a distinguished road

I have a 13 Z that came with Yokohama Advans. Good Grip but expensive to replace. I do a lot of straight line hard acceleration (without wheel spin). The rear Avans lasted 17k and the front Advans went 26k. I installed the PSS rear first and then the front with the stock size 225 and 245. PSS front has excellent cornering grip wet or dry. They have only 1k miles so it is too soon to judge the tire life. The PSS on the rear exhibit the same exceptional dry and wet grip as the fronts, but they lasted only 10k under the same spirited driving conditions as the Advans.

I replaced the rears with Goodrich (Michelin’s budget brand) g force sport comp2’s. So far they exhibit wet and dry grip similar to the PSS. They are priced about $75 less than the PSS. For a good comparison chart go to TireRack.com and input your size, select Summer Passenger Car tires and then check the Max Performance Summer and Ultra High Performance Summer. Another comparison between the S04 and the G force sport comp 2’s indicates they are very close in performance. The G force shows a bit more tire life, but rides a bit rougher with more noise. Another great way to compare tire characteristics is on the spider charts on the Tire Rack website. Let us know what you decide.

Happy hunting!
jrb55gh is offline   Reply With Quote