View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post
If the hub bearing caused the irregular wear of the pads and rotors, then the warranty should cover the $370 additional cost.
That's a good point! Ill have to ask about that. Maybe the best thing would be to ask which rotor was messed up and if they say its the one on the axle that had the bad bearing I would probably have a good argument.

Quote:
Brakes are so simple to replace, do it yourself. You don't even need to remove the calipers to replace the pads, although it sounds like you need to service the rotors anyways. Auto stores cut rotors for 10 bucks usually. And you can buy pads for under 100
I looked into the pad replacement procedure. I didn't realize that the replacement process was so simple with this car! After shopping around with other brake shops, I found that the price I got from my dealer was pretty competitive (about $20 more than the average brake shop), so I just told them to go ahead and take care of it. Now I know for next time that its easy to do. Just dont have the time right now.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote