View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 01:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
Z1nonly, was that the run with Blades riding along?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
I think so.

I thought he was with me on the way down the dragon and Justin was on the way up.
Other way around Mike, I was riding with you when we were going up the Dragon and chasing that bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I've been going for 6 years and feel like every year I get a bit better, faster, and strangely, safer. The biggest part of that is recognizing where you **** up and how you need to improve. I didn't really start taking that part seriously until 2012 when I had my incident on Hellbender. It's easy to say the car broke, but I know what I did on corner entry exacerbated the problem -- thankfully at the time I had enough grass and just enough know-how to sneak out of a really, really ****** up situation.

I still have problems sometimes with braking. Some of it is easily being able to overpower the tire (powerful brakes and a regular summer compound,) but the rest is just me using them in situations where I shouldn't. I was going to make the jump to a "real" tire this year, but I didn't want to do it until I was sure it wouldn't just cover up for me when I started to get sloppy. I can't say I won't ever stop making mistakes, but I do feel like I can give the car a little more grip and actually be productive with it.

Looking forward to next year, certainly.
Agreed. You really should come down Sunday to Sunday with MAZOC next year, that will let you maximize your driving time. I saw a big difference in my driving from the beginning of the week to the end. The ride alongs helped a lot too and I was able to use some of what I learned in later runs. I found that I was braking too late in the turns and braking more than I needed too. This reduced the amount of momentum I would carry through the turn and the exit speed leaving the turn. Wasn't quite courageous enough to carry as much speed through the turns as most of the more experienced guys, but I think I did fairly well for my first time at ZDayZ.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote