View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bummer
Premium Member

Drives: 13 370Z RTS SR M6
Bummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond repute

That image is on page RF-173 of the manual. It says to adjust to the standard. The only standard it shows for the fifth bow is the clearance between the bow and the lid when the top is fully up and in place - page RF-170 (7.0 - 13.0 mm). While adjusting this would seem to have solved the problem for the folks in the thread, the manual does not seem to speak of it for that purpose. If you haven't already, you should download the manual and study those pages.

I would suggest trying a half (or perhaps whole) turn on one side, then checking/measuring. If it helped your problem, but did not solve it, do the same thing to the other side. Keep adjusting in that manner until it's fixed. I've worked on controllers where we adjusted in partial nut flats and not even half or whole turns, so a turn may be too much. Or too little. Can't tell until you tinker.

If it made it worse, put it back that half turn, then try a half turn in the other direction and see what difference that makes.

I would also check the gap between the roof and the cover when the roof is fully up to make sure there is not too much or too little clearance there. You don't want to crush the seal or stress the hydraulic system by making the gap too small, or let water in by making the gap too large.

The manual, all of three feet tall in printed form (double sided), does not seem to directly address the problem you are having. It would appear that careful experimentation is in order.

Good luck. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more not really all that helpful help.

Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote