View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #263 (permalink)
Pro4Jackster
Base Member

Drives: '08 350Z
Pro4Jackster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
I have a quote from my tuner (a very well known and respected Z shop her ein socal) for your kit, install/tune, LTH removal, and transmission coolerlarger lines. If you think you cna beat his price, feel free to pm me. His price his pretty good though.
Can I ask why you would remove the LTH for the small gain that people are seeing? Uprev unlocks new features all the time. If they unlock the VVEL control, headers will be a much better option than the stock manifolds and you will wish you had them back. If you want the power back for now, dial up the boost a little. Add the 9 lb pulley to up the CFM the Charger is putting out. That will compensate for the power lost to the LTH for now. The limiting factor in for your setup will probably be the stock motor/trans. The Vortech head unit is rated to make over 700hp (in the right conditions). Just spin it faster until you make the power you want (<500).

I haven't run the numbers in a while, but I think the Stillen Kit is spinning the Head Unit around 48,000 RPMs. It is rated to spin around 52,000 RPMs, and people actually spin them as fast as 60,000 RPMs on the 350Z. Then if that is not enough, add the SI impeller/volute for $365 and add another 10-15% CFM.

I know all of these options are too much for a stock motor/trans, but I want to see what others think about this. I can't comprehend taking LTH off of a supercharged car. Make up the loss with more air. What do you think Stillen? Is there a piece to this puzzle I'm missing?