View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
Ok so since everything seems to be ok now since there is a new guy in charge I have a few questions.
Can anyone give an actual name to who is suppose to be cleaning up the old gtm?
What is the new business number and name of this new born gtm upgrade?

My exhaust manifold is almost ready to come out of the car and about to be sent off to be fixed at my cost thanks to a bad design of gtm. Again I have placed an order using vivid over a month ago after todd spoke with sam saying these new manifolds would be ready 2 1/2 months ago and had to have my money refunded due to more broken promises.. So far they have done nothing but try to promote things to people to buy using other forum members.
Cosmo please read the information already provided. The OP pointed out where to call already. Secondly, I am not sharing the information of the other business parties as they did not want to be brought forward at this time. If you would have read it is an investment group based in the middle east... I know of several projects they were already funding through GTM... this would explain why there was R&D going on while the other parts of the business were having issues.

As to your manifold... Let me straighten something out... Your current manifold by no means is a bad design and actually is very well suited for the smaller turbos that most people get with the kit. The new V3 is geared more towards the larger frame turbos and is a natural progression from their early developments.

So to repeat there was NOT a design flaw in your manifold. In fact is was a manufacturing issue... If you know much about iron casting then you will know that there are several factors that effect the outcome of a cast. What happens in the cases of our cracked or in my case a hole... is that there is oxygen within the iron cast or the mix of iron and heat was not ideal causing weak spots in the manifold... After many heat cycles the Iron much like a clay brick begins to develop cracks if it is not the right mixture or temperament. In the case of oxygen you will find a massive hole where it heated up and blew out a chunk and then cracks... When these are produced in high volume you end up with issues like we have seen affecting multiple people. This is why I am hoping GTM will offer an upgrade path at a discount for current owners...

I also talked to Todd and yes GTM was expecting them to be ready earlier but look at it this way would you rather be where you are now 6 months to a year from now... or would you rather enjoy your new manifolds for years to come?

You can choose to be pessimistic but please keep the drama out of this thread.

Thanks!
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054