View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

In the process of flushing mine now,,,the only special tool i bought was a new 1gal. chemical and bleach sprayer from Walmart (14$)
the system holds about 10qts..and it only drains about 3 at a time...so i plan to repeat this process 3/4 times-till fluid is clean.
1st drain-remove 19mm or 3/4 plug at L/R of trans..and let drain in suitable container.
then remove 5mm allen overfill plug at L/F.
i have car on ramps at this time-but on my last one,car needs to be level.
fluid that came out on first drain looked like coffee (very dark) but didn't smell burn't.
i put 3.5 quarts of s-matic approved fluid in sprayer (Valvoline LV Multi $16.97 gal.) and connected the locking sprayer nozzle to the hose....pumped 15-20 times & held over overfill hole & squeezed fluid into trans.
only had to stop once to repump sprayer.
installed 5mm allen plug & started enginei wanted a complete flush and don't have a fluid exchange machine...so i drove car about 5 miles in manual mode..making sure i used every gear...no hard accelerating.
car is back on ramps for second drain and fill.
on last one,,,very important.......car needs to be level & after filling with approx. 3.5qts of fluid...let vehicle warm till pan is lightly warm to back of hand...around 105 degrees.
(note-engine temp will go to about normal and oil temp will come up to around 160 before trans. temp gets this high)
while car is level/remove 5mm allen overfill plug & let excess drain into container,till it comes to a drip & install and tighten plug....finished.
manual says to replace overfill plug? not sure why.
i spent about 70-75$,,,including chemical sprayer....i was impressed how it pushed that tranny fluid out of that container...didn't take long.
i will repost final results & would add photo's if i knew how...new at this site.
hope this helps people..& dealerships around here get 200$ to do this and dont drive car inbetween..they just flush a couple times///with a bulk approved fluid (they don't even use genuine Nissan S-Matic) imagine that.
have a nice day...rain here.
2011' base,touring,,,best qtr. mile track times is 13.139@104.89mph
1/8th was 8.451@85.74mph 60' was 1.955 bone stock,1/4 tank fuel + me and helmet (300 lbs.)

Last edited by jchammond; 04-07-2015 at 04:32 AM. Reason: mispelled word
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote