Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #146 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

Here area few profile pictures of how low the pipe coming out of the turbo sits. These pictures were taken at a height level to the underside of the car.

This picture was taken a little further back so you can use the unloaded shocks and rotors as reference (picture taken level with car underside).

This is a picture to show the 2 new brackets my brother and I made to support the OEM black metal piece above the intercooler.

The brackets started there lives as shelf hanger brackets. I'm sure you could go into the building material area and find some nice "L" brackets that would work. I just happen to see and bought these for $8 each I think.

I had trouble mounting the FMIC as the new holes that I needed to drill overlap the old holes a little. I tried to drill freehand with the bit that came with the kit to no avail. I got frustrated and bought some new tools, drill press, unibit and clamps to hold things still and I drilled (unibit and clamps from Harbor F. They work well enough for super cheap. Just back off when the get hot and use some water or something to help cool them off.)

Everything was installed, checked and secured (except the inlet pot on the scavenger pump since I need to prime it). All fluids are in, lines bleed the best I could for now. I connect my negative battery and things power up. I grab and plug in the UpRev cable and try to install the basemap Sasha sent me. FAIL!! I text Jwick and he walks me though the whole thing (thanks buddy), and still a no go. I check for any UpRev updates and I find some. I update the cable and still no go. I get the same screen. GRRR!!

So I called UpRev about 35 minutes ago but no answer. I'll try again in 10 minutes or so. They might be at lunch so let the man/lady eat.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote