View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

I don't profess to actually know what causes ice mode but from a lot of research and forum scanning it looks like the car gets scared that you will spin because the rears start to lock up. I have never gotten ice mode on track with an XP10/8 split but I have gotten it twice on the road while running the same compound f/r. MX 72. That said, I think it was caused by me just stomping the pedal too suddenly rather than just a quick but progressive application as is proper. As long as you don't in any way alter your brake setup to shift the bias towards the rear (wheel OD, pad distance from center, compound) you should be OK. Especially if you do go to tire setup with less or no stagger, or move to a sticky tire that will induce more weight transfer you may be better off running a compound with more bit in the front / less rear.