View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmares94 View Post
So i have 09 Rays. I just bought the car recently and theyve had some damage done to them. LIKE A LOT. My options are powdercoat them matte black because i love the black wheels with platinum graphite car. The problrm with this is it wont get rid of all the curb rash just cover it up and powdercoat will eventually fade. Second option is sell Rays for newer wheels. What should i go with? How much should i sell my Rays for? Any input would be great! P.s. i want to stay 19's its the perfect size
certain shops offer CNC machining repair options, which would ideally make your rims look brand new.

and if you do sell your rays for newer rims, would you buy a newer set of rays or aftermarket? reason why i ask is because if you ever decide to trade in your car, aftermarket wheels (and aftermarket anything) will reduce the value of your car.

if you are set on selling them, you probably won't get anything near what you want because:
1. most people are going to want the redesigned 2013+ rims
2. as you have stated, the curbrash
3. depending on how much tread you have left on your tires (although this shouldn't be a huge factor, i'm sure it'll play a role).
4. also, chances are, depending on the nature of the damage on your wheels, they may be bent.

if you have the money to repair and powercoat your rims, why not just hold off on that and just buy a new set of wheels with that money.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote