View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
MadBarber
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
MadBarber is on a distinguished road
Default AAM Competition Twin Turbo Installation

Hi guys, this is still an on going process. I've actually just received the packages from AAM Competition yesterday, so I am going to post more pics of the detail installation. Anyway, let's just take a look at these Bad Boys. Thanks Marken from AAM for making my days "thumbs up!"

Just arrived at 11Motors at Baldwin Park, CA for the turbo installation. Now, if you are going to find good work, this is the place and I mean it. I can't express in words how good these guys work. They are so meticulous with their stuffs, they actually lie every single nuts and bolts on a dedicated table so they don't miss anything on the reinstallation process. They marked every torqued bolts after they installed them. Their floors are always clean, it's freakin JDM man.

This splitter made by Built 2 Apex is actually the second version that goes on the car. I'll have more detail pics for you once I have it disassembled. Extremely sturdy that I can stand on it, seriously.

Look at those eye candies, atleast for me they are

One of my favorite turbo from BorgWarner, check it out guys!

Look at those blades and no, you do not want to put your fingers in there.

Twin blades, am I seeing things?

Awesome intercooler guys! Way to go AAM Competition, love your products man!

]

Finally, I have some updates with the car today. Both the bumper and the transmission is off the car now. The motor and the factory fuel tank should be off the car by tomorrow. The factory fuel tank is not needed anymore as you may know that I am going with an ATL fuel cell.

The splitter after it's detached from the car.

This is one of the splitter bracket from the driver's side

One of the brake duct leading to the Caliper, we are working on a better one though. I'll keep you posted

Hey guys, the motor is out! If you have keen eyes, you would noticed the AC delete and the belt is running a different configuration

Just got some pics from the shop as they were test fitting the turbos on the motor. I've been trying to get them to get me more pictures since I have been busy with my job and can't be there to document the installation. I am hoping to get more details of the installation tomorrow.

another pic of the turbo from the passenger side.

Here's a shot of the turbo from the driver side. As you can see the clutch kit is still factory, but the racing one is going in there soon.

More pics will be updated in the following days when the turbo kit is being installed.....

Last edited by MadBarber; 03-24-2015 at 12:11 AM.
MadBarber is offline   Reply With Quote