View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #56 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3 View Post
I've never heard of a car altering the tune based on the second O2 sensor - it's simply there to check that the cats are doing their job. Am I wrong assuming the Z does this?
I've been told the ECU may adjust the mixture by a good friend who is a very experienced Nissan tuner, but I'm not certain whether it would aim for a leaner burn to reduce emissions or something else entirely.

Next time I talk to him I'll ask.

EDIT: Actually, maybe he was thinking of a different DTC, like for heater circuit (or I misheard him).

Maybe worst issue is the CEL light?

I'm sure on the other comments about why the CEL and how to prevent it, but not on how or if the ECU adjust things in response -- I might just be totally wrong on that point.

If I'm just wrong on the ECU trim response, then that would explain why tripping the DTC isn't that critical -- just annoying.

Last edited by Jordo!; 03-04-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote