View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Business Kat
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Stillen SC MT
Business Kat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up South Bend clutch review

Short version is that it's awesome and a lot better than the stock clutch.

I don't remember much about the stock clutch other than it was better than the my 2012 camaro special lemon edition I had. The Z is a very well put together car out of the factory. After I supercharged my car the dyno says 475 whp and my clutch only lasted maybe a month.

After the install there were some very noticeable differences. I think you guys all know what a stock clutch feels like so I won't explain that. For me, all the engagement happens at the last couple inches of pressing in the clutch. It took a little getting used to but it's amazing. It's actually a lot easier to drive than it was stock. You can shift smoother and faster. Take offs are also easier. Everything is just better.

I got the quiet disc option so it muffles the chatter I get sometimes in first. In first gear and reverse I immediately noticed that without even applying any gas the car was ready to go and would start lurching as I would release the clutch. In second gear I can leave the clutch out and without applying any gas the car will just coast on its own. I don't know if that's normal or not but it's useful in traffic haha.

If you need a new clutch or have the money to blow, it's a great investment. Per the forums advice, I got the stage 3 complete kit from Zspeed and went to the Z clinic. Couldn't be happier. Keep an eye out for a review on BC's BR coilovers. I haven't had a chance to play with them yet but so far... not worth the money

Hope this helps!
Business Kat is offline   Reply With Quote