Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #88 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

Small yet big update time.

I was finally getting use to driving with the new SpecialtyZ clutch/fly then a few days ago my clutch started to feel spongy. I re bleed the clutch with a 3 man operation to make sure no air entered the system. I had one sibling in the driver seat to depress the clutch and one at the oil reservoir to keep it topped off at all times. I was under the car with the wrenches and called out when to press and hold and I crack the bleeder open, let it run a second, close then call out, "let the clutch go." The clutch felt good again until yesterday evening as I was driving to work. It's spongy again and engagement is 1.5" off the floor. This is kinda of pissing me off. IT should not be this hard to get a simple clutch system to feel/work right. I plan to do as I have stated in another thread. I believe the new CSC requires more fluid = a longer fuller stroke of the clutch to get good release and engagement. It's something in like, the CSC oil area is increased while the MC oil area is the same so when you depress the OEM MC, the amount of oil that is squeeze into the CSC is less and lifting it less do the the larger oil volume.

So, my new plan of attack to rectify this problem is to screw in and shorten the rod attached to the MC as much as it can. I will then bleed the system once more. After bleeding the clutch system, I will then go and extend the MC rob as much as it will allow safely allow. This is all in hopes of getting as much oil into the MC as possible so that when it is depressed, a larger volume of oil is squeezed into the CSC and getting it to lift more = higher engagement point. At least that's what I think it will work out.

OHH, and I'm officially BROKE!!! Thanks Shasha!!

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote