View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 10:51 PM   #539 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by edconline View Post
My Redline is on the bench for the moment - I actually recently picked up a V1 and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I'm using the android app YaV1 to massively increase it's features and it is very impressive. Must faster now, better range, GPS lockouts, and lots more.

It still doesn't replace my Redline in all areas, the Redline is still the best for extreme range or off-axis shots.

I have two Beltronics STiR's on the way too, so I'll install one in the Z and use the V1 as well. Possibly the STiR and the Redline if I'm doing a run through the mountains or something, otherwise the Redline will stay in the daily.

Remember, a great radar detector is only half the battle. Pretty much every area in North America is using LIDAR now, so a LIDAR jammer is basically a must-have these days. Unless you really like the speed limit and cruise control
I don't know if it's cool to add a link to another site here, so I understand if the moderators choose to remove it, but Edconline has posted up a nice review of the V1/YaV1 combo at the link below.

Two days with the Valentine One - Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - RadarDetectorForum

I'm in the process of going down pretty much the same route.

Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote