View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks View Post
False. Paint protection film will stop a half inch stone at 140mph. Its been tested over and over. Besides... and I am just being honest here, that is one of the worst looking bras I have seen. It doesnt fit smoothly, is very bulky, and just looks horrible with that color. At least with clear bras you can cover any area of the car and the headlights.

Zkindofguy... I had a piece of tire, roughly half of it, flip up and hit my bumper, headlight, hood, and then over the windshield at 80mph and therre wasnt one single scuff on the paint. There were some black marks on the film but they buffed right out. So I am not sure what your "those times" are but it seems to hold up better than you lead on. In fact I would be willing to say that its youre remarks about clear bras not holding up that lead to people becoming "brainless sheep". if you want to stick with 80s technology and cover up the lines of your car, go ahead. But do not put out false information about paint protection film not holding up. If that were true all of these Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo... owners would not be getting them. They would be driving around like you with a big piece of leather covering up their beautifu cars.

I have had clearbra on my Z since the beginning of April, right after I bought the car. I drive the interstate daily to work. My front end looks like new. Rocks and debris at highway speeds have not damaged or torn the clearbra. My 350 looked like sh!t, as if someone had shot the nose with a shotgun. My 370 looks showroom new. From a performance standpoint in resiliancy to rocks, it is an excellent product. It also has zero peeling and no yellowing.... looks as good as the day it was installed. You guys can debate looks and conventional bras all day long, but the clearbra is a winner from a protection and asthetics standpoint on my car.

John