View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks View Post
Zkindofguy... I had a piece of tire, roughly half of it, flip up and hit my bumper, headlight, hood, and then over the windshield at 80mph and therre wasnt one single scuff on the paint. There were some black marks on the film but they buffed right out. So I am not sure what your "those times" are but it seems to hold up better than you lead on. In fact I would be willing to say that its youre remarks about clear bras not holding up that lead to people becoming "brainless sheep". if you want to stick with 80s technology and cover up the lines of your car, go ahead. But do not put out false information about paint protection film not holding up. If that were true all of these Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo... owners would not be getting them. They would be driving around like you with a big piece of leather covering up their beautifu cars.
I'm not putting false information about anything. And its funny you should mention the "tire" incident you had. That is exactly what one of the incidents I was refering to when I had a clear bra on my Shelby GT and it didn't do sh*t. The foot long piece of tire "gator" flew off the back of a semi and slammed the front passenger portion of my front fascia. It actually pierced the clear-bra leaving a ragged edge in the clear-bra material and made it to the actual bumper plastic leaving a tread mark outline and indentation that to the day I sold the car never came out.

Now on my 370Z I had the same thing happen but I had the leather "80's technology" bra on. It slammed the car even harder than the other incident with the Stang as this "gator" was larger and rocked the 370Z when it hit it. I immediately pulled over to the side of the road expecting to find all kinds of damage....and there was absolutely nothing at all. Even the "80's technology" leather still remained intact. It just had a flat-black scuff across the leather at the strike point which came off very easily using some leather cleaner and conditioner.

So spare me your knee-jerk "sales job" when I can show that "80's technology" works any day of the week because it NEVER fails and isn't a pure CRAP SHOOT like when using "modern-day clear-bra technology".

And BTW...just because a clear-bra makes its way onto some exotic brand of vehicle has absolutely nothing to do with how well the clear bra will actually protect the car. So HTP AutoWorks, do you want a shot at the "proven technologies" title?

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 12-05-2009 at 09:33 AM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote