View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
My buddy picked up the Q50S Hybrid last spring. He loves it. I think it's a great car to drive but a very mediocre driver's car. As mentioned the steering sucks balls. Handling in general feels a bit worse than a G37S, probably because it's a bit more of a pig with the electric motor and batteries (maybe? idk...). But the power is ok, it is feature-rich, very comfortable cruising, and it looks pretty damn sexy. I don't think I'd ever buy one for the price.
This is precisely what I was wondering.

His car likely has the Direct Active Steering (steer-by-wire), which numbs it.

I need to dig up the review that talked about driving the Q50 with the Z wheels that wasn't equipped with DAS.

I can imagine an S model with the wheels with hydraulic steering would feel far more like the G37S with respect to driving dynamic.