View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welcome to Tigger's English class!

I'm about to lose my damn mind reading half the garbage here so let the lesson begin.

It has been proven time and time again that it effectively takes longer to screw something up on purpose than to do it right the first time. This applies to everything.

There's more and I'll edit the list as I find new **** in the forums to slam. I'm not saying I expect to see perfect English and sentence structure. I don't use it often myself and I'm no English expert. But what I highlighted here are simple things that shouldn't be screwed up and if you write like this it makes you look like an idiot.

#1 "For sell" and "...to sale"

REALLY?! Are you kidding me?

Switch those around a little and you end up with "FOR SALE" and "...TO SELL."

Which one sounds better and is correct? That's right. You are not going "to sale" anything. Get it right or so help me...

#2 Breaks / Brakes

Holy **** snacks, Batman!

You step on the "BRAKES" to slow your vehicle down and you "BREAK" someone's face for being an idiot. You change your brakes. You break your arm.

Get it? Are we clear on that one? Good.

#3 They're, Their, There, Your, You're

Historically the most screwed up thing ever. Here we go...

They're not going to the movies today. Their kids are screaming like angry monkeys. There goes the ******* in the clown suit. Your clothes don't fit well. You're going to get all butt-hurt by this post.

I don't know how to make that any clearer. It is too simple that explaining it any more is just a waste of time.

#4 w8 4 u 2 get back

This is not English. Stop it. Just stop it!! I swear if that was one of my friends I would break their fingers.

*More to come. Stay tuned for the next installment.

Last edited by Tigger; 01-22-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote