Thread: Car Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Memphis370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 MB
Memphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
Is the transmission downshifting on you?
I've got an AT as well and think I know what you're referring to. I agree that it is probably just the downshift that you're noticing. The AT likes to hang in gear while you're slowing down, bringing down the RPMs, until it downshifts in to the next lowest gear, causing "the kick" that you mentioned.

One question - do you notice "the kick" more after you've done a little spirited driving? If so, I would say it's totally normal. My AT seems to shift harder (both up an down), even under light throttle, after I have had a little fun. My guess would be that the this is just part of the ECU learning your habits. After I begin driving normally, it doesn't shift nearly as firm.

Hope this helps.
Memphis370Z is offline   Reply With Quote