View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
EndyKwon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 BSilver Base 7AT
EndyKwon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlyZ View Post
The braces, are you talking about this?Attachment 99182.
Something like that, I haven't seen that before.. I've seen the gtspec 6 point ladder brace and their rear strutbar setup that goes in the interior of the car (which also attaches to the seatbelts iirc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiVenom View Post
From that thread the consensus is that it shouldn't be noticeable in your handling. Not sure anyone has chimed in about whether or not it will reduce low speed chassis flex over speedbumps.
I did check that previous thread, but there was no mention about chassis flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv View Post
Aside from launching it off a 4 ft jump or something,I wouldn't worry about it. And as long as road salt doesn't eat away at it,the chassis will outlive most everything else on the car. The noise your hearing most likely has to do with something in the suspension.
May be the suspension, or I'm going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefaulter View Post
I have to agree with OP about the noises. Going over speedbumps slowly sideway, it feels like chassis is flexing a little. Could just be imagining things.
How much are these braces and do they change the driving feel of the car?
You're not alone man. It might be the sound of the interior panels just flexing, but at the same time it does *feel* like the chassis is flexing *just* a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev T View Post
i think he means these. Attachment 99228
Yes, that one! It looks like it has both the 6 point and 4 point?

Which also brings up the question, are those gt-spec braces snake-oil? I feel like it could add some structural integrity, but I think the added weight would negate the benefits (If we're talking about handling, not about chassis flex).

Last edited by EndyKwon; 01-13-2015 at 12:12 AM.
EndyKwon is offline   Reply With Quote