View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeto View Post
I think you might be referring to the the "nervous" ABS system that some people talk about, but I do see what you mean.
The drifters don't like it because the ABS system always wants to try and straighten you out (i.e. reduce your yaw angle).

The nervousness comes from the system's eagerness towards rear bias in straight line braking. If you go too quickly from full acceleration to full brake before the weight has transferred back to the front axle it will get a little sketchy for a moment as it can't apply enough front brake to make itself happy. I think this mainly stems from the feature they call "Brake Assist", which is were you hit the brakes suddenly but not enough to trigger ABS, and it decides that you really intended to brake at full ABS threshold and so increases the brake pressure to maximum until you back off the pedal.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote